The Gloo Factory is a community-minded full service union print shop. We have an immediate need for an experienced print shop customer specialist.
We’re looking for someone who will excel in a fast paced print environment working directly with customers via walk-in, phone calls, and emails. The right candidate will have a basic understanding of print estimating and processing orders as well as the ability to preflight customer files to ensure print readiness. Two plus years of applicable experience required.
- Manage incoming calls and emails accurately with clear and concise communication skills;
- Create invoices, take payments, open and maintain customer accounts using QuickBooks;
- Ability to quickly prioritize workflow in order to pre-flight files and quote orders as they come in;
- Order custom materials such as paper, T-shirts, hats, ink, toner, outsource mail orders, banners, etc;
- Resolve customer problems and complaints;
- Create estimates, preflight files, ordering and proofing.
- Proven customer support experience
- Familiar with print production and estimating
- Printing and pre-press knowledge and experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Adobe Creative Suite necessary
- Spanish speaker preferred.
This position requires working in a busy and complex space with multiple printing processes at play. Knowledge of printing processes.
Our customers represent diverse life experiences and are frequently working on progressive political campaigns that are brave and challenge systems of oppression. We strive for a staff that reflects our customer diversity. Women, people of color and Indigenous people, and LGBTQ people are highly encouraged to apply.
Please include cover letter, resume, portfolio (if you have) & 2-3 references (will not be contacted until after interviews) in response to this listing with “Design & Customer Service Team Member” in the subject line. No calls please.
The application period is open until the position is filled.
What’s it like working at the Gloo Factory?
Our shop was built to serve campaigns that help elevate communities working towards a more equitable and sustainable future. We believe that the signs, t-shirts, stickers, and print media that leave our shop are tools to help create social change. We want our customers to feel supported and empowered in their courageous work. This means that we work hard to ensure high-quality, yet affordable print services. Our shop is fast-paced and can require active, physical days moving between the stages of production and equipment. Our shop workers are members of the Communication Workers of America, Local 7026.